You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
For those who are wanting to contribute, we fully encourage doing so. There are a few rules we require following when contributing.
- Make an issue and get feedback. It's important to know if your idea will be accepted before writing any code.
- If it is a feature request, describe the feature and be extremely specific.
- If it is a bug report, ensure you include how to reproduce the bug and the expected outcome
- If it is an enhancement, describe your proposed changes. Ensure you are extremely specific.
- Fork this project
- Create a new branch that describes the new feature, enhancement, or bug fix. For example, this is
feature/add-xyz. This is bad:
- Write the code that addresses your change.
- Keep in mind that it must be formatted correctly. If you are using IntelliJ, there is a
codeStyle.xmlfile that tells IntelliJ how to format your code. Check this link for information on how to use the file: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/configuring-code-style.html#import-export-schemes
- If you are not using IntelliJ, that is fine. We use the Plexus Code Style (which is almost the same as Allman) so please format your code accordingly.
- Push your changes to your new branch and make a PR based off of that branch.
Requirements for a PR
- The issue must be marked as approved
- It must only address each specific issue. Don't make one PR for multiple issues.
- Your PR must compile and work. If it does not compile or work, your PR will most likely be rejected.
- Most importantly, your code must be efficient. Your pull request may be rejected if your code is deemed inefficient or sloppy.
- Do not repeat yourself. Create functions as needed if you're using large blocks of code over and over again.
- Do not use an excessive amount of commits when making your PR. It makes the master branch look messy.
- Your code must be consistent with Plex's codebase. If a function already exists, use it.